5 May 2012

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams


"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler"  Henry David Thoreau


This blog represents a lot of firsts for me. I've never kept an artists journal before, in fact until a couple of weeks ago I hadn't drawn or painted anything in 26 years. So in some ways everything feels completely new and exciting and in others completely scary and overwhelming.
So it only seems appropriate that my first journal entry represents that fear. The fear of failing in art, in failing at blogging of finding that maybe inside I don't have anything worth sharing is huge right now. I guess at some time or another we all stand at the edge of the abyss and have to decide whether to jump and hopefully soar or whether to turn away and not try. 
This blog will share my journey, my successes and failures. Hopefully it will at least be interesting maybe even funny and if I learn anything that can help any other newbie artists not to make my mistakes, I'll be sure to share.
So here goes, fingers crossed ;)

1 comment: